Interested in selling or buying a business?
Arrange an obligation FREE consultation today
Contact Us Today
JPAbusiness principal James Price is an Australian Property Institute Certified Practising Valuer (Business).
A Certified Practising Valuer (Business) is a person who, by education, training and experience is qualified to perform a valuation of a business, business ownership interest, security and/or intangible assets.
As well as business valuations, the JPAbusiness team also provides market appraisals.
Why obtain a business valuation or market appraisal?
Often you find a business that has been 'on the market' for months, if not years. There’s usually a reason for this, and mostly the reason is that the asking price for the business is not aligned to market expectations and interest.
Obtaining a business valuation or market appraisal from JPAbusiness will provide you with a realistic view of a business’ potential sale price range, based on the business’ performance, market conditions and comparable sales.
What is a business worth?
Interested in finding out what a business you are looking at is worth? Find out today! Contact JPAbusiness for an obligation-free consultation.
What is the difference between a valuation and an appraisal?
A JPAbusiness Market Appraisal provides:
- Estimate of potential sale price range
- Assessment of business performance
- Considerations of market conditions and comparable sales
- Documented summary providing marketing price range, advice and decision support.
A JPAbusiness Business Valuation provides:
- Detailed evaluation of business and financial performance
- Competitive position versus others and industry dynamics
- Sworn valuation, for various purposes depending on scope of valuation, including:
- Mortgage security purposes
- Business exit, business sale
- Family and business succession
- Stamp duty and structuring purposes
- Family Court proceedings
- Comparable sales, multiple of earnings, discounted cash flow and return on investment assessments (depending on specific scope and business attributes)
- Specific valuation and detailed report, plus related decision-support recommendations (as per the valuation scope).
Interested in seeking a valuation or market appraisal?
If you are considering buying or selling a business, consider appointing an advisor to provide you with a market appraisal or business valuation. Make sure the person advising you can provide comparable and up-to-date information on similar businesses and what sale prices they have achieved.