JPAbusiness is a specialist business advisory, business valuation and business transaction broking firm.
Interested in selling or buying a business?
Arrange an obligation FREE consultation todayContact us today
Barbara has over 25 years’ experience in business administration and operations across a number of industries including agriculture, finance, information technology, retail and small business, and has an Associate Diploma in Business Administration.
Her experience includes:
- planning, organising, administrative and supporting roles as personal assistant in the finance and accounting industries;
- project co-ordinator, managing and collating data, compiling costs and financial reporting;
- management of business operations, including staffing, in an office manager’s role;
- stock buying and analysis of stock in the retail sector;
- financial management and business compliance for small business operations.
Barbara enjoys living on the land and working hard in the business. Her hobbies include gardening and mowing, playing tennis, relaxing with family and friends, and viewing art with James.
James has over 30 years’ experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients.
He has a Bachelor of Business Management from the University of Sydney, is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Management, a licensed Real Estate and Business Agent (NSW, VIC, QLD, SA), and a Certified Practising Valuer (Business) with the Australian Property Institute.
James and fellow director Barbara Price founded JPAbusiness in 2002 to assist private and joint shareholder business clients with practical advice, along with decision support in growing and changing their businesses.
James’ early career spanned commodities and international marketing, general management roles in banking, finance and financial planning, government and public policy roles. His experience also includes:
- providing company board facilitation and governance advice and consultant chief financial officer and general management services;
- undertaking feasibility assessments for local government on infrastructure projects and managing projects which impact planning legislation and regulations;
- providing expertise in marketing, brand management and quality management systems;
- successfully facilitating a range of small and mid-sized business sale and purchase transactions, including with private equity and ASX-listed entities;
- managing new financial services and insurance offerings and the development of strategic business models, funding and credit underwriting policies;
- conducting competitive sourcing processes (tenders and expressions of Interest) for clients;
- providing research, negotiation strategies and direction for significant infrastructure and business projects, including the M5, and M4 Toll Roads, Sydney Harbour Tunnel and Anzac Bridge.
James has an eclectic taste in art, enjoys beef cattle farming and is an enthusiastic motorcyclist, enjoying both dirt bike and road bike riding.