Outdoors, Fishing and Camping business - For Sale by Expressions of Interest
Spot On Outdoors Broken Hill
71 Oxide Street Broken Hill 2880
This business presents a lifestyle investment opportunity for budding business owners, couples, and families looking for an established business and to achieve solid returns. Operating for over 15 years, and being well known in its local market, this business would be well suited for enthusiasts of fishing, camping and those with a passion for the outdoors.
This opportunity allows an interested party to be part of a larger group that complies with the Franchsing Code of Conduct, providing the benefits of being able to leverage strong group buying power, without detracting from autonomy with business management and decisions.
JPAbusiness has been engaged to assist the Vendor’s succession goals by finding the “right-match” next owner to take the business to the next level.
Enquire About this Business Now
- Lifestyle investment opportunity.
- Well-known and established business in its area.
- Operating for over 15 years by the current owners.
- Can utilise group buying power.
- Strong and improving gross profit over recent years.
This business is simple and relatively easy to manage. Currently, the employees of the business comprise the two owners, who both work full time and are able to manage all business functions. If additional flexibility is required, interested parties may choose to utilise supplementary casual resources.
Customers and Markets
The business services an iconic NSW outback city, Broken Hill. It is able to capture the majority of its local market and demand from passing tourists – with very few direct physical competitors identified nearby.
- The business and property has generated solid returns for owners – estimated at ~$188,000 in FY2017, subject to purchaser verification.
- Business demonstrates strong and improving gross profit over recent years.
- Normalised EBITDA ~11% of revenue in FY2017.
Point of Difference
This business is well located to capture its target market. Key competitive advantages include:
- Ability to capitalise on most of the demand for outdoors, camping and fishing gear from tourists and enthusiasts in its location.
- Location of business and the market it services mitigates to some extent the impact of increasing competition and online offerings in its industry sector.
The Commercial Property and Business Location
The commercial property and business is located in a central location within Broken Hill. Nearby entertainment facilities, other retail outlets and vehicle parking contributes to passing foot and vehicle traffic.
The property features a large and functional shop floor (ground floor area is approximately 480 sqm), office, kitchenette and toilet facilities, back area suitable for parking or storage and a flat upstairs.
Expressions of interest
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for the business as a going concern, including goodwill, related assets and operational plant and equipment, and/or for the commercial property located at 71 Oxide Street, Broken Hill NSW, by 16th March 2018. Interested parties should contact JPAbusiness for more information, including a detailed Information Memorandum relating to the business.
- The asking price for the going concern business and operational plant and equipment is $95,000 plus GST (if applicable) plus Stock at Value (S.A.V).
- The asking price for the commercial property located at 71 Oxide Street, Broken Hill NSW is $260,000 plus GST (if applicable).
The Vendor would also consider a sale of the going concern business (with a market competitive lease on current premises) or the commercial property separately.
Important Information for Prospective Purchasers:
All information in this document is of a general nature only and not exhaustive.
Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence and feasibility assessments.
The Vendor of
Spot On Outdoors Broken Hill, and
advisers, JPAbusiness, are not liable for any loss or damages associated with reliance
on this information or the Expressions of Interest process.
JPAbusiness Pty Ltd operating under Principal Business Agents License No. 1710192
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/JPAbusiness